1987 to 1990
Creative Director, Senior Animator
The company now known as Spin started out as Side Effects and was
partnered with the software company with the same name.
I was the first employee and helped get the company off the ground.
- Conceptualized, storyboarded and won bid for largest broadcast network ID package
- Developed job tracking and cost analysis software, trained staff
- Operated and trained others in the use of online video editing suite.
- Trained a number of junior artists.
- Carried on the normal duties of an animator and creative director as well as writinga number of rendering, animation and hardware interface programs.
- Performed an extensive study of co-operative R & D between Side Effects and Alias Research.
- Provided operational methodologies and business plan data to the investors.
- Developed original facility hardware and software plan.
Side Effects Software Inc
Software Design Consultant
Once the company split in two, I continued my relationship with the software company
as an expert advisor.
- Wrote/sketched design specifications for a new software product "Houdini"
- Advised staff programmer on artist-specific features
- Provided prototype designs and descriptions